May 14, 2020
Re: Returning to Admiral
To our Valued Employees,
We will begin calling employees back to work in phases with the first phase returning Monday, May 18, 2020. This process will be staggered within the next three weeks and based on customer orders as additional plant resume production. Admiral is continuing to enhance sanitation measures as we learn more effective ways to ensure employees have safe working conditions. We will consistently be working together as we all adapt to changes in our routines.
Please evaluate your health closely before coming to work and do not car pool with employees to work unless you live under the same roof. All employees will use the employee entrance by the bay door. A sign will be provided for better direction. A nurse will be on location for the start of first shift from 5:30AM-6:00AM, and a half hour prior to second shift, to check temperatures and confirm all employees entering are non-symptomatic. Employees are not to enter the building prior to 5:30AM or without being cleared by the nurse.
The non-contact thermometers that are provided are sensitive to surface temperatures. We ask that all employees wearing hats remove their hat in a timely manner prior to being checked for an accurate read. In the event that an employee has an elevated temperature, you will be placed in a containment area for a second temperature check. If the temperature remains elevated, you will follow our new procedure which enforces employees to proceed to a near by COVID-19 testing location and will not return to work without a note from your doctor.
St. Mary Mercy Livonia Hospital
36475 Five Mile Rd, Livonia, MI 48154
Masks will be mandatory 100% of the time employees are in the building. In the event that you do not have a mask, Admiral Tool will provide one. If you are provided a mask, we ask that you keep it for continued use as these masks will not be disposable. Social distancing will be required until further notice. Jobs that require employees to be closer than the social distancing requirement of 6 feet now have plexiglass barrier installed. All breaks, inside or outside of the building, will require social distancing of 6 feet. We will temporarily stop providing coffee and cookies in the break rooms.
At the end of your shift, operators will now be provided with a disinfectant wipe and required to thoroughly clean their work station. We will strongly encourage hand washing and continue to provide hand soap and hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizer is now at all lines for regular use by employees.
All employees are required to call or text Tom if you had contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 or if you or a family member in your household does not feel well. A note will be required before your return to work stating from a doctor that you have been tested and you do not show signs of COVID-19 Virus.
Admiral continues to monitor CDC guidelines closely and are evolving our techniques every day. We strongly believe in supporting a workplace that we all deserve where we will always strive to place the health, safety and well-being of all employees as our guiding principle. As we steadily return to our new normal, we ask that you continue to follow the Shelter-In-Place Order and check the Admiral Tool website for changes in instructions.
April 28, 2020
Re: Return to Work Date
To our Valued Employees,
Due to the most recent extension to the Shelter-In-Place Order, we are hopeful that Admiral Tool employees will return to work Monday, May 18, 2020.
After re-opening, we will continue enhanced sanitation measures such as increased availability to hand sanitizer, frequent disinfecting of equipment and tables. Additionally, we are implementing ways for proper social distancing, making face masks mandatory at all times, and daily temperature checks. Admiral Tool is actively supporting government issued safety measures and doing everything possible to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
We encourage all employees to call or text Tom if you had contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 or if you or a family member in your household does not feel well. A note will be required before your return to work stating from a doctor that you do not show signs of COVID-19 Virus. Please evaluate your health closely before coming to work. Employees will now use the door next to the overhead door.
A sign will be provided for better direction. A nurse will be on location for the start of first shift from 5:00AM-6:00AM, and one hour prior to second shift, to check temperatures and confirm all employees entering are non-symptomatic. Employees are not to enter the building prior to 5:00AM or without being cleared by the nurse.
Masks will be mandatory 100% of the time employees are in the building. In the event that you do not have a mask, Admiral Tool will provide one. If you are provided a mask, we ask that you keep it for continued use as these masks will not be disposable.
Admiral Tool strongly believes in supporting a workplace that we all deserve where we will always strive to place the health, safety and well-being as our guiding principle. We are monitoring CDC guidelines and government orders closely and evolving our techniques every day. As our returning date approaches, we ask that you continue to follow the Shelter-In-Place Order and check the Admiral Tool website for changes in instructions. We will advise you when to return, it may be staggered while we ramp back up.
April 15, 2020
Admiral Tool Crew,
Employee Health Protection – ZERO Tolerance
ZERO TOLERANCE FOR SICK WORKERS REPORTING TO WORK. IF YOU ARE SICK, STAY HOME! IF YOU FEEL SICK, GO HOME! IF YOU SEE SOMEONE SICK, SEND THEM HOME!
If you are exhibiting any of the symptoms below, you are to report this to your supervisor (via phone, text or email) right away, and head home from the job site or stay home if already there.
If you notice a co-worker showing signs or complaining about such symptoms, he or she should be directed to their supervisor (via phone, text or email) and asked to leave the project site immediately.
COVID-19 Typical Symptoms:
• Shortness of Breath
• Sore Throat
Self-certify prior to shift
Prior to starting a shift, each employee will self-certify to their supervisor that they:
• Have no signs of a fever or a measured temperature above 100.3 degrees or greater, a cough or trouble breathing within the past 24 hours.
• Have not had "close contact" with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19. “Close contact” means living in the same household as a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, caring for a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, being within 6 feet of a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 for about 15 minutes, or coming in direct contact with secretions (e.g., sharing utensils, being coughed on) from a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, while that person was symptomatic.
General On-the-Job Guidance to Prevent Exposure & Limit the Transmission of the Virus
• No handshaking
• Wash hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol,
A "No Congregation" policy is in effect, individuals must implement social distancing by maintaining a minimum distance of 6-feet from other individuals
• Be sure to use your own water bottle, and do not share.
• To avoid external contamination, we recommend everyone bring food from home.
• Please maintain Social Distancing separation during breaks and lunch.
• Cover coughing or sneezing with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash hands, if no tissue is available then cough into your elbow.
• Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with your hands.
• To avoid sharing germs, please clean up after Yourself. DO NOT make others responsible for moving, unpacking and packing up your personal belongings
• If you or a family member is feeling ill, stay home!
Work Site Risk Prevention Practices
• At the start of each shift, confirm with all employees that they are healthy.
• Use of eye protection (safety goggles/face shields) is recommended
• All employees shall drive to work site/parking area in a single occupant vehicle. Contractors / State staff shall not ride together in the same vehicle
• When entering a machine or vehicle which you are not sure you were the last person to enter, make sure that you wipe down the interior and door handles with disinfectant prior to entry
• In instances where it is possible, workers should maintain separation of 6’ from each other per CDC guidelines.
• Multi person activities will be limited where feasible (two person lifting activities)
• Large gathering places on the site such as break areas will be eliminated and instead small break areas will be used with seating limited to ensure social distancing.
• Clean all high contact surfaces a minimum of twice a day in order to minimize the spread of germs in areas that people touch frequently. This includes but is not limited to desks, laptops and vehicles
Quick return to work summary
• Employees are required to wear a mask covering their mouth and nose 100% of their time at Admiral tool. If you do not have one? Admiral will provide you with one.
• Admiral does have Latex gloves available and we highly suggest you wear them.
• Safe distancing is required always.
• eating lunch will be suggested you eat in your vehicle, saving the limited table space for those who do not have a vehicle.
• Break times and Lunch Break will be staggered.
• No groups outside smoking together, you must be 6 feet apart.
• When arriving at the plant, please wash your hands before you punch in. do not hang out at the time clock, punch in and move on.
• Please arrive for your shift with ample time for all the guidelines to be Followed.
• you don’t feel well? Do not come into the plant. Call or text Tom that you will not be in and the reason.
If you have Called off due to health-related issues, then you will be required to have a doctor’s note stating you do not show any signs of the Covid-19 Virus. This is not to be mean, but Rather being kind and caring towards your fellow co-workers. Be smart!
• There will be no fans in use until this goes away. Please dress appropriately, Layers work best.
April 6, 2020
Re: Extension of the Shelter-In-Place Order
To our Valued Employees,
Monday, April 13, 2020 was originally our return to work date. This date is no longer accurate based on potential extensions of the Shelter-In-Place Order. As of today, we do not have a proper date that can be given. A date will be provided once it is available.
Please continue to follow the Shelter-In-Place Order and check the Admiral Tool website for further instructions. We look forward to everyone’s safe return after the order has been lifted.
March 27, 2020 Re: False Information Circulating To our Valued Employees, Earlier today, it was reported through social media that an employee at Admiral Tool tested positive for COVID-19. We now know that this report was false and the employee is suffering from complications due to food poisoning and it currently doing fine as of today. This employee will be monitored prior to returning to work on Monday, April 13, 2020 as a safety precaution. In the future, we ask that all employees refrain from reporting information based on assumptions without having the proper test results. We want to make sure everyone is notified with accurate facts to avoid unnecessary panic. Best regards, Wayne Avers Vice President
March 25, 2020 Re: Shelter-in-place Order in Michigan To our Valued Employees,
As announced by Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Monday, March 23, 2020, a shelter-in-place order for all of Michigan residents has been issued in response to the COVID-19 virus and went into effect the following day at 12:01 AM. Under this order, people will not be allowed to leave their homes with the exception of essential needs and jobs that are labeled essential. Admiral Tool is not labeled essential at this time. Therefore, we are following this order and we will remain closed until Monday, April 13, 2020. Please review the Admiral Tool website (www.admiraltool.com) for updated information. The challenge of the coronavirus is something we do not take lightly. We will continue to monitor this matter closely for your safety. During this critical time, we thank you for your ongoing support. Best regards, Wayne Avers Vice President
March 19, 2020
To our Valued Employees,
Due to recent news regarding the shutdown of Ford, GM, and FCA, a layoff will be in effect starting today, Thursday, March 19, 2020 at the end of Second Shift until Monday March 30, 2020 for all Admiral Tool Employees. Information for filing for Unemployment will be provided. If you are an employee that receives a Live Check, your check will be sent by FEDEX during this time. In the event you do not receive your check by Friday, March 27, 2020, please call (734)604-2120. We are actively working on ways to communicate with everyone in the event of a change in our plan. Please review the Admiral Tool website (www.admiraltool.com) for updated information.
The challenge of the coronavirus is something we do not take lightly. We will be monitoring this matter closely for your safety. During this critical time, we thank you for your ongoing support.Best regards, Wayne Avers Vice President